ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENT
In 1958, the people of Gainesboro, including the Ruritan Club of Gainesboro, got together to form Gainesboro Volunteer Fire Company to protect their area. Specifically, a public meeting was held at Gainesboro School on January 30, 1958 to make plans for the organization of a local fire company. The President of the Gainesboro Ruritan Club opened the meeting and explained that the Ruritan Club was interested in forming a fire company. In March 1958, the present station's location was purchased. Construction of the station soon began with members of the department donating their time and skills to build the building. In 1986, the department added onto the original building with five more apparatus bays and social areas for its members. In 1995, Frederick County added a career firefighter/ EMT to the station to respond on its "ALS-1" chase vehicle, which assists the EMS agencies on the western side of Frederick County with Paramedic services. Today, the department is staffed by volunteers and two career personnel, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
President: Mark McDonald
Vice President: Jamie Boone
Treasurer: Tanya Holliday
Secretary: Hillary Niemeier
Assistant Secretary: Jackie Venskoske
1988 Pierce Lance. 750 Gallon Tank. 1250 GPM Pump.
1989 Pierce Lance with Refurbishment in 1998. 1500 Gallon Tank. 1250 GPM Pump.
1979 Pierce/Chevrolet. 250 Gallon Tank. 400 GPM Pump.
1994 Freightliner. 3000 Gallon Tank. 500 GPM Pump.
1982 Mack CF Aerialscope
1970 Jeep. 90 Gallon Tank. 50 GPM Pump.
Frederick County Fire & Rescue Staffed ALS Unit which responds to assist with various EMS incidents on the western end of the county.